Help the economy. Invest.
Lend to British businesses.
Earn a projected return of 7.2% per year (Your actual return may be higher or lower and your capital is at risk.)
Join thousands of investors earning for their future by lending to businesses through Funding Circle.
As part of the self-certification process the individual must acknowledge in writing an understanding of the requirements for being treated as a High Net Worth Individual or Sophisticated Investor. These requirements are contained in statutory instruments regulations and summarised below.
In addition, the individual must acknowledge an understanding of the implications, for the purposes of the FPO, of being treated as a High Net Worth Individual or Sophisticated Investor, including
- The ability to receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a firm regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (‘the FCA’) and whose content may not conform to FCA rules.
- The loss of the right to complain to the Financial Conduct Authority or the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
- The loss of the right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor Requirements
- Being a member of a network or syndicate of business angels for at least six months before the date of self-certification; or
- Having made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years before the date of self-certification; or
- Working in a professional capacity in the private equity sector or financing small and medium enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the two years before the date of self-certification; or
- Having been a director in the two years prior to self-certification of a company with annual turnover of £1 million or more.
Certified High Net Worth Individual Requirements
- Having an annual income of £100,000 or more during the year immediately preceding the date of self-certification; or
- Having net assets of £250,000 or more – not including a primary residence, rights under an insurance contract or pension or termination benefits.